It is very important that a franchisor has a very well documented and a proven system of operation in the form of an operations manual. Infact this could be amongst the most valuable asset that the franchisor provides to the franchise system. The benefits of having the right manuals are as follows:
- They form the core of what the franchise has to do and helps in defining their roles clearly and eventually help them to run the franchise efficiently.
- Since the operation manual contains detailed procedures, it helps reduce time and effort for the franchisor and franchisee whilst assisting new franchisees.
- Operations manuals are very effective training tools, which ensures uniformity and consistency in the franchise system.
- When the operations and roles are clear, they form a strong foundation to the franchise agreement.
- We have noticed at several times that while a franchisor goes about creating these manuals it helps them examine their businesses minutely and bring about improvements in the way they currently run their business.
- Operation manuals help the franchisor create a base system upon which changes are constantly made whilst markets & technologies change. It becomes easier to bring about these changes and put it across the entire system for efficient executions.
- We have also seen that these documents when done professionally form amongst the strongest tools of selling a franchise program.
SparkleMinds can help you additionally create the following manuals to strengthen your franchising:
- Pre-Opening Procedures Manuals: These manuals help anybody, even without the industry experience; get started with the opening and beginning of a franchise system.
- Daily Systems & Procedures Manuals: These manuals focus on what needs to done, how and when and how to efficiently manage the day-to-day operations.
- Sales & Marketing Manuals: These manuals ensure that the franchise follow the recommended marketing activities which they must follow to ensure that the products or services are known to the catchment. It also focuses on how the franchisee has to manage the brand ethos and improve the branding in their regions for mutual benefits.
- Personnel Manuals: Ensure that the franchisees comply with the HR policies effectively and ensure that they have the right systems within their set ups to motivate and retain personnel. Things like personnel policies, job descriptions, hiring and training procedures, remuneration and benefits, terminations and all the other areas, which are so critical to the success of a franchise program.
- Accounting & Bookkeeping Manuals: Numbers and reporting of numbers form the essence of all businesses and hence the right accounting and reporting manuals go a long way in ensuring that there is proper synchrony in the entire business and there are no leakages. Hence making it imperative especially in the Indian contexts where you have parallel economy and other factors that contribute to several systems and checks that have to be followed for a successful franchise program
- Technical Manuals: In case the nature of business is very technical and needs specific manuals for the same, we work with the franchisor, to be able to ensure that the franchisees are able to easily function with these technical manuals.
- Training Manuals: To specifically train your franchisees, employees of franchisees or for that matter the franchisor team. Each franchise system needs to have a specific training manual at all levels.
Sparkleminds would help you first analyze the different manuals that would be needed to be developed for your business. Then we would help you determine the contents of it. We would then compile the entire information and present it to you for your review and comments.
We also constantly work at revising and updating franchisor manuals either on an individual or on a turnkey basis. Please speak to us to understand how you can create an efficient franchise system by having the right manuals